Director of Business Development
CRAFT seeks highly motivated, resourceful individuals who are eager to stand on the front lines of today’s most contentious public affairs campaigns, high profile policy debates, notable non-profit initiatives and high-stakes corporate communications campaigns. CRAFT| Media/Digital is a rapidly growing, full-service public affairs firm recognized by PR News for the 2017 Public Affairs Campaign of the Year and as the 2017 Digital Agency of the Year.
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Reporting Relationship: This position reports to CRAFT’s executive leadership.
Summary: The Director of Business Development at CRAFT | Media/Digital will manage the day-to-day efforts of the firm’s new business activities. This position will be responsible for coordinating and motivating CRAFT team members on new-business development initiatives and guiding them from inception to success. The position will work closely with firm leadership to ensure business growth by directing and managing internal business development activities; supporting account staff in creating top-quality responses to new business opportunities; and, implementing a robust marketing effort to position the agency as a partner of choice.
Develop and Manage Business Development Plan and Processes
- Work with agency leadership to create business development plans and strategies for expanding client base, retaining and growing clients and identifying strategic growth opportunities for the agency.
- Provide ongoing tracking of and reporting on progress against business development plan.
- Develop and manage effective business development processes and best practices to support business development efforts across the agency.
- Manage and streamline new-business processes from initial lead/meeting to successful “close”
- Implement lead and RFP identification and tracking process.
- Coordinate and execute timely follow-up with clients, leads, and internal staff regarding status and timeline of business development initiatives.
Support New Business Opportunities
- Manage and provide leadership throughout the proposal response process from receipt of opportunity through response development, proposal delivery, pitch and follow up.
- Serve as initial point of contact for qualifying new business inquiries and for coordinating Request for Information (RFI) responses.
- Work with account teams to develop compelling proposals and presentations including serving as lead writer to capture strategy and concepts developed by the team.
- Assist team efforts to prepare for pitches and client presentations.
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities with CRAFT team members for both existing and prospective clients.
Build Market Presence and Reputation
- Develop and implement a proactive strategy to build CRAFT’s presence, grow name ID, and promote CRAFT as an agency partner of choice.
- Create and keep current compelling marketing materials including case studies, website content, and other agency promotional materials.
- Identify and pursue industry award opportunities, industry trade media opportunities, and events to showcase CRAFT and further position the agency as a leader.
- Utilize marketing opportunities to further business development goals.
- Coordinate and execute prospective client development events, meetings, and social gatherings internally and externally.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 4-5 years experience at an agency or in a similar environment as a Business Development Manager, Director, or in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in effective proposal writing and pitch presentation development.
- Excellent oral and exceptional written communication skills demonstrated across a variety of formats.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, diverse projects, under tight deadlines and in a high-pressure environment.
- Prove ability to manage up and down, foster collaboration and manage teams to deliver high-quality thinking and work product.
- Demonstrated self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to contribute collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and leadership skills.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably in Business or Communications
- Work performed in an open office environment.
- Daily work performed Monday through Friday, 9.00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; additional hours may be required on an as-needed basis.
Please submit your cover letter, resume with salary requirements, in PDF format to jobs@CRAFTdc.com.